This position directs and oversees the daily management of a small third-party accounts payable team and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor management and payment.
- Oversee a team of Accounts Payable Associates in the daily process of accurately keying invoices, handling invoice exceptions and payment processing.
- Verify the accuracy of scheduled payments and GL coding.
- Experience in month end closing, reconciliations, GL, variance analysis, some journal entries.
- Implement proper pay controls surrounding bi-weekly payments
- Analyze and Maintain High Profile Vendor Accounts.
- Ensure the accurate processing of expense report submission, coding and payment
- Analyze, review and submit payments related to credit card processing.
- Perform the annual payment of real estate and property taxes.
- Obtain and oversee the permit and licensing process.
- Confirm audit controls are documented, maintained, and remain effective in mitigating risk
- Handle escalated vendor and business unit issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures to continuously optimize and gain efficiency
- Utilize performance metrics to manage team performance and understand opportunities for improvement
- Review/Analyze and Communicate reports to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provides support for the annual audit by accommodating and answering inquiries as requested from auditors. Also, ensures compliance with IRS regulations by having W-9 forms completed by all vendors.
- Work with Finance Team to resolve accounting and balance sheet variances. Assist Finance Team with Special Projects.
- Participate and follow-up on issues raised in Internal Customer Council Meetings
- Develop and maintain effective communication with internal customers and strive to ensure service level agreements (SLA's)are consistently met.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
•Minimum of 5 years of high-volume A/P experience,
•Project management skills and customer service initiative
•Strong problem solving and organizational skills highly desired
•Ability to think independently, as well as develop or improve processes and procedures
•Must be able to work in high pressure environment
•College Degree desired
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org