Ledgent Finance and Accounting is currently working with a CPA firm in the Hartford area looking to hire on a Senior Tax Accountant.
The qualified candidate will:
- File federal , state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.