Our client in Covina is looking for a hospital admitting clerk with medical financial counseling experience.
- Reviews initial and reappointment applications and data for accuracy, completeness and any quality issues.
- Prepare daily financial counseling report prior to Flash Meeting.
- Review each account properly: Missing Data, Appropriate Data Entry &LIA
- Review each IP and OP account for collections of liabilities.
- Status Each account based on follow up and collections.
- Identify all Patients that need financial counseling
- Call Case managers and Unit Nurse to see if you could visit patients.
- Walk to units to financial counsel patients.
- Collect Payment: cash, credit card, cahiers checks or personal checks.
- Review all Financial needs of patients and refer them to appropriate agencies for assistance, such as Covered Calif, M-Cal Office, Medicare etc...
- Coordinate cash collections for physicians.
- Go see patients that need daily follow up.
- Meet with patients and or visitors that walk in to pay.
- Daily Reconciliation of collections and log all payments in Master File
- Post credit card payment into US Bank system and post in log.
- Manage all incoming calls that billing and collections concerns.
- Submit request for refunds as needed.
- Manage administrative report daily - County, Adult-M-Cal & Uninsured.
- Verify insurance benefits when necessary.
- Verify patients income through search America.
- Retain patients signatures and financial screening when necessary.
- Use Matrix to set up a payment installment.
- Know the case rates for IP, OP and CD as well as , all levels of care.
- Assist Admitting staff with registration when necessary.
- Review daily census admit and discharges.
- Build rapport with Case Managers, Utilization Review and House Supervisor
- Follow up with discharge patients that have liability.
- Retrieve census form after Flash Meeting to review possible discharge and transfers.
- Request and complete Refund Request.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
hospital admitting, admitting, payment counseling, hospital payment counseling, insurance counseling
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org