One of the largest / privately held companies in Phoenix is looking for a Senior Accountant . In this role ,you will be responsible for the preparation of journal entries, analysis of general ledger accounts to support monthly financial statement close process, and other specific projects as assigned. You will also be responsible for the following:
* Preparation of accounting entries to support accurate and timely financial statements
* Review, reconcile, and analyze specific general ledger accounts on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
* Perform variance analysis.
* Prepare accruals and reserves to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recognized
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting role with month-end close responsibilities
• Thorough understanding of GAAP
• CPA required or in process
• Intermediate Excel skills
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Senior Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.