A Construction Manufacturer corporate office is seeking an AR Coordinator to join their team. Responsibilities include:
Manages and coordinates customer accounts by:
- Identifying delinquent customer accounts from close analysis of the system reports and by conducting calls to collect payment;
- Reconciling accounts and maintaining detailed backup for open item, attaching back-up to SAP;
- Working closely with Customer Operations and Sales teams to research and resolve payment deductions;
- Distributing invoices, credit notes, and proof of delivery copies to customers through the use of accounting software and by working closely with the Credit Liaison team;
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships with external customers when responding to accounts receivable telephone queries;
- Conducting calls and/or sending correspondence to customers as necessary to ensure accounts are regularly updated.
Conducts collection and follow up calls and maintains the system log and documents calls by:
- Investigating delinquent accounts;
- Projecting a professional image of the company when conducting collection calls;
- Notifying the department manager of collection problems to ensure additional measures are implemented to reduce company risk;
- Documenting all calls and action taken in accounting software system;
- Understand how and where to go to problem solve pricing, quantity and other discrepancies and submit credit request through the credit tool.
Partners with the sales and customer service teams to resolve customer issues by:
- Identifying reasons for deductions, contacting the appropriate team, and providing backup and follow up for a resolution; and
- Ensuring timely resolution of customer issues and queries to minimize the credit risk and maintain strong customer relations.
- Identify deductions for the accrual process and enter them on deductions spreadsheet with accuracy.
- Adhoc reporting as necessary to get point across in communicating with customers, sales or accounting department
Work with Rebate Programs Group
- Identifying currently rebate programs, understanding the details, end and start dates, reasoning for programs and ensuring credit requests are approved and processed to clear deductions from the account.
- Flag reoccurring programs that not currently on a rebate as potentials for the program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• Detailed and organized in their work, ability to multi-task
• Ability to handle large volumes of commercial invoices per account
• Heavy reconciliation
• Great at taking notes as it relates to customer interaction/conversation and putting them in system
• SAP experience would be a plus and preferred
• Technically savvy
• Ability to work independently and prioritize
• Utilizes the team resources to problem solve in the absence of Manager/Supervisor
• Follows direction well and takes good notes
• Understands risk/exposure and has experience escalating and suggesting an account get placed on credit hold
• Maintains a good relationship with customers
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org