We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- Provide support to the CFO in matters related to accounting and finance.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions
- Prepares financial and business related analysis
- Prepare and review account reconciliations to ensure general ledger accounts are properly stated and are consistent with supporting documentation.
- Prepare and review journal entries.
- Review monthly client reports and reconciliation of agent commission statements
- Review and pay invoices.
- Reconcile vendor (i.e. accounts payable) accounts.
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations.
- May serve on or lead project teams for special projects
- Works independently on difficult assignments within core accounting discipline
- Other duties as assigned or as requested
- Bachelor's degree in accounting,
- Solid Knowledge of GAAP accounting preferred
- 5+ years' experience in a senior level accounting position
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, including formatting, calculations and pivot tables
- Ability to communicate both in written and verbal formats
- Ability to adapt to change and effectively solve problems
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and make appropriate recommendations We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Bachelor's degree in accounting,
Solid Knowledge of GAAP accounting preferred
5+ years' experience in a senior level accounting position
Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, including formatting, calculations and pivot tables
Ability to communicate both in written and verbal formats
Ability to adapt to change and effectively solve problems
Ability to identify areas of improvement and make appropriate recommendations We are an equal opportunity employer
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org