A Houston area company is looking for a Payroll Specialist. They will be responsible for managing timely and efficient payroll by ensuring accurate payroll data entry processing and reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the set-up of user profiles, create new queries as needed, and audit time record data for
- Responsible for supporting employees and managers with Kronos system related questions and
troubleshooting timecard discrepancies.
- Train and support users in creation and maintenance of schedules and bi-weekly timekeeping.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly payroll processing utilizing the timekeeping software and ADP
Payroll software products.
- Manage entering of new hires, employee changes and terminations in the payroll system and
validate within the system to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate data is correct and ready for processing.
- Understand state tax laws and deductions to include employer paid benefits.
- Process garnishments, retro calculations, commission and bonus payments.
- Research any payroll related issues and respond to payroll related inquiries.
- Perform regular audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist with invoice reconciliation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- High school diploma or equivalent, degreed preferred.
- Work experience and demonstrated ability
of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 3 to 5 years experience in time and attendance and/or in-house payroll, ADP
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and high ethical standards.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism when interacting with
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented
- Must be extremely detail-orientated and accurate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PDF
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Payroll Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.