* Perform and oversee the full cycle accounting/costing closing procedures ensuring the monthly, quarterly and annual tasks are completed timely and accurately.
* Perform and oversee the completion of the assigned schedules and related analysis, including workpapers managed in ProSystems, ensuring relevant account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
* Ensure all intercompany relationships and balances are fully researched and resolved.
* Ensure timely completion and review of monthly ProSystems binder, as assigned.
* Assist in completing and reviewing quarterly reporting packages, clearing of BOFC controls and audit requests.
* If applicable, ensure weekly timesheet submission report is prepared and reconciled timely, including reviewed.
* Provide accounting support to other corporate finance groups by, as requested.
* Ensure the department's Total Quality Management (TQM) internal control standards, processes and documentation is followed on monthly basis.
* Make recommendations in the continual improvement of the audit workpapers and overall program, in coordination with team members and leaders.
* Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by direct supervisor/manager or his/her designee.
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in accounting or finance required.
* Active Certified Public Accountant (or equivalent, such as a Certified Management Accountant or a Chartered Accountant) licensure highly desirable.
* A minimum of 2-4 years' experience working within an accounting department (preferably mid-size to large company), and/or in public accounting.
* Working knowledge of either US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards or International Accounting Standards.
* Experience with an integrated accounting software package and experience with SAP preferred.
* Extensive experience with an integrated accounting software package along with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality and team player attitude that can become an asset to the organization.
* Ability to follow through on assigned tasks from start to finish, research, analyze and problem-solve.
* Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Staff Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.