Business Office Accounting Manager
Location: Peoria, AZ
The Business Office Manager leads, guides, and directs the financial operations of the community in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; local, state, and federal regulations, standards and established facility policies and procedures to achieve facility financial goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Organizes the financial department to ensure proper accounting for all pertinent records.
- Hires, trains, and manages financial department staff.
- Assist with year-end activities including audits, audit schedules, cost reports, and tax and informational returns.
- Completes Daily Census Worksheet and tracks census for accuracy.
- Reconcile census worksheet and accounts receivable system census reports.
- Reconcile monthly census worksheet with accounts receivable monthly census reports.
- Obtains face sheet and Admission Packet from admissions and verifies accuracy and completeness and updates, as necessary.
- Directs Generates and reviews private pay invoices and distributes to responsible party.
- Directs or performs all phases of the monthly ancillary billing. Processes all necessary reports.
- Directs or performs all phases of the monthly apartment and health center billings. Processes all necessary reports.
- Monitors, reports regularly, and follows up on all past due accounts.
- Prepares all journal entries, supporting schedules, and financial statements and performs analysis prior to distribution.
- Reconciles all bank accounts to the bank statements, subsidiary journals and to the general ledger. Reconciles all other balance sheet accounts regularly.
- Monitors payroll related deposits and directs preparation and filing of returns for State, City, Federal, and FICA taxes.
- Prepares and updates fixed asset and depreciation schedules and maintains other records for the Community.
- Ensures that all miscellaneous monies are properly handled.
- Directs or performs all phases of accounts payable. Processes all necessary reports.
- Prepares special reports upon request and regularly informs supervisor regarding the status of accounts and financial activity.
- Directs or performs all phases of cash controls including the depositing and posting of cash receipts and implementing and monitoring controls over petty cash.
- Prepares Management reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in a financial or supervisory capacity in the business office of a senior living, skilled nursing, or other related health care facility.
- Documented skills in leadership, supervision, and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, or military or veteran status. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org