Ledgent has partnered with a reputable mid-sized law firm to recruit a Director of Accounting for their team! This presents an excellent opportunity to further ones career and make a valuable impact in a great environment.
This is a hybrid, direct-hire opportunity.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of accounting in law firm or professional services firm
- 5+ years of management experience with multiple direct reports
- Great communication
- CPA or MBA +
- MS Dynamics/Business Central systems experience +
- Oversight of A/P, A/R, billing and payroll functions
- Maintain accounting transactions and record to the general ledger; responsible for month
- end account reconciliations and preparing monthly financial statements
- Prepare month end journal entries and review general ledger details monthly
- Perform monthly trust account reconciliation
- Prepare the firm's annual budget
- Oversee third party vendor 1099 reporting
- Work with CPA to oversee the maintenance of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation, and tax related matters
- Create best practice procedures for accounting activities and drive process improvements,
- utilizing technology to improve efficiency
- Manage, mentor, and develop the Accounting team members
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, or military or veteran status. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com