Hybrid Controller Role
Our client is a global leader in the development and production of high-performance Li-Metal rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles (EVs) and various applications, AI-powered safety algorithms, and recycling.
This role reports directly to the VP, Corporate Controller, this position offers substantial exposure to the intricacies of a multi-site international public company. The incumbent will spearhead the financial close process for both US and Singapore-based entities, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and overseeing a team responsible for Corporate Accounting functions. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment, dedication, attention to detail, adaptability in a fast-paced environment, and strong organizational communication skills.
- Corporate Accounting Oversight:
- Manage activities related to Corporate Accounting, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and payroll functions.
- Provide support for technical accounting research on intricate accounting and reporting issues.
- Internal Control Compliance:
- Oversee compliance with the internal control framework.
- Identify control deficiencies, develop corrective action plans, and monitor their implementation for remediation.
- Financial Close Management:
- Lead monthly financial close activities for regional entities in accordance with US GAAP.
- Drive disciplined monthly, quarterly, and annual processes, emphasizing strong analytical approaches across the organization.
- Financial Reporting and Audit Coordination:
- Assist in the company's financial reporting process.
- Coordinate annual audits and quarterly reviews with external auditors, maintaining necessary deliverables and financial analytics.
- Analysis and Reporting:
- Review monthly/quarterly financial statements, including financial reporting packages and regional cash flow statements.
- Conduct analysis of divisional operating results as part of key corporate controls.
- Process Improvement and Standardization:
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes and controls across regional entities.
- Develop and perform periodic reviews of accounting team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Equity Administration and Team Management:
- Manage equity administration platform and stock compensation accounting and reporting processes.
- Provide training to the accounting team and conduct performance evaluations for regional entities.
- Ad Hoc Projects:
- Undertake any other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and SEC reporting experience.
- CPA license required.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP, AICPA, and SEC financial reporting standards.
- IFRS knowledge and experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player with minimal supervision requirements.
- Exceptional attention to detail and advanced interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a self-motivated approach to process improvement.
- Understanding of internal controls and experience with global SOX compliance.
Hands-on experience with impl
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org