Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. The ideal candidate also has experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
· Experienced with G/L analysis, Journal entries, financial statement analysis, budgeting and forecasting
· Responsible for preparing and producing balance sheets
· Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts
· Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO's attention
· BA or BS degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
· Minimum two to five (2-5) years of general accounting or equivalent experience
· Must have a solid understanding of financial statements
· In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Able to communicate effectively with department managers
· Experience with computerized ledger systems
· Excellent communication and written skills
· Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high-quality work
· Able to multi-task in a fast pace and demanding work environment
· Proficient with MS Office Suite: (Excel, Word and Outlook). Advanced knowledge of Excel (V look ups, formulas, etc.) is a must
· CPA or Master's degree preferred
For immediate consideration, please forward a Word attachment of your resume email@example.com
Ledgent is a full service accounting and finance placement firm offering temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire staffing services. We are dedicated to making life better for the people we serve. For our staffing associates, this means providing you with a unique combination of benefits, career resources and training. From the moment you step into a Ledgent branch office to your first assignment and beyond, your Ledgent Team is there for you, every step of the way. Consisting of friendly staffing professionals who take the time to get to know you, we are expert at matching the right job with your unique personality, skills, and expectations. Apply now to be considered for this position and to make an appointment today or visit our Website www.ledgent.com for other available positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BA or BS degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
Minimum two to five (2-5) years of general accounting or equivalent experience
Must have a solid understanding of financial statements
In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Able to communicate effectively with department managers
Experience with computerized ledger systems
Excellent communication and written skills
Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high-quality work
Able to multi-task in a fast pace and demanding work environment
Proficient with MS Office Suite: (Excel, Word and Outlook). Advanced knowledge of Excel (V look ups, formulas, etc.) is a must
CPA or Masters degree preferred
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Senior Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.