A Property Management company in the Anaheim area is searching for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our growing team. You will be responsible for performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, and preparing and analyzing budgets. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting and finance functions are a must.
· Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system and department heads
· Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system
· Analyze and verify information by creating spreadsheet reports
· Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining and recording and files
· Prepare payments by accruing expenses and assigning account numbers when needed
· Request disbursements and reconcile accounts
· Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
· Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; convert data to general ledger system; obtain supplementary information for preparing financial statements
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, continued education, participating in professional organizations, etc.
Qualifications and skills
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
· Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, General Ledger and ERP Systems
· Vendor and customer reconciliations experience
· Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
· Understanding of PNL reports and balance sheets
We are an equal opportunity employer.
•Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
•Hands-on experience with accounting software packages and ERP software
•Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Staff Accountant position. We received your application and will contact you shortly.