Seeking a Payroll Specialist to become an integral long-term member of the Accounting/Finance Team at an established and growing company Construction company located in Rocklin, CA.
Competitive salary $19-$23/hour, DOE.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all payroll functions and perform daily payroll operations, managing workflow to ensure that all payroll transactions are process accurately and as scheduled
- Timecard processing and auditing for both union and non-union employees
- Payroll processing, including reconciliation prior to transmission and resolving discrepancies
- Employee processing, including new hires, changes, terminations, I-9, and e-Verify
- Maintain employee files and maintain accurate tracking of accrued vacation, PTO, and sick time
- Process manual checks
- DIR reporting
- Manage payroll files, records, processes, and procedures
- Prepare financial and operational reports, including Workers Compensation, Certified Payroll, etc
- Benefit processing and tracking
- Accurately set-up, process, and maintain certified payroll, including fringe benefits
- Knowledge and recent working experience in general accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- Work closely with accounting team
This position requires the following skills and attributes:
- Self-starter with attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Minimum 3 years Payroll experience.
- Experience and knowledge of Certified Payroll and Prevailing Wage.
- Experience with Paychex payroll software system.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and 10-key by touch.
- Good organization and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- High discretion while working with confidential information.
- Knowledge of current labor law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com