Ledgent has a client located in South Denver with an immediate opening for Sales Tax Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and dynamic team!
Sales Tax Accountant duties include:
- Initiates and performs the initial review for sales use and gross receipts tax for US state and local jurisdictions
- Analyzes individual transactions and vendor invoice documentation
- Manages the assigned tax calendar
- Reviews, analyzes researches and corrects purchase transactions in regard to self-imposed use tax
- Responsible for the download and review of monthly use tax activity
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
The ideal Sales Tax Accountant candidate will possess:
* BS Accounting or related field
* 2+ years of experience in tax field- preferable transactional tax
* Excellent problem solving ability
* At least intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org