We are hiring for a Payroll and Accounts Payable Accountant in the Greater Waterbury Area! This is a full time and direct hire position. This immediate opening for the Payroll and Accounts Payable Accountant is with a preferred employer. As an integral member of the accounting team, the Payroll Administrator will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
The Payroll and Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for the bi-weekly processing of payroll for 200 employees and processing Full Cycle Accounts Payables.
To be considered for this role, incumbents must have the following qualifications:
- Responsible for the bi-weekly processing of Payroll for about 200 employees
- Responsible for entering all employee information for new employees or for changes related to their deductions to ensure they are calculated correctly
- Calculate paid time off, vacation, sick days, etc. and keeps accurate track of balances and time used to date
- Generate reports specific to payroll, FTE, overtime reporting, etc.
- Prepare 941 forms quarterly by analyzing and reconciling data from the General Ledger
- Process full cycle Payables
- Manage petty cash by auditing the tracking log and reconciling the cash on hand and notifying management of any discrepancies
- Strong payroll experience, processing at minimum 100 employees
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- ADP experience
- Experience with any major ERP system
If you meet the qualifications as outlined above and are interested in this opportunity, please apply today by clicking on the Easy Apply button or by sending your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org! This is a time sensitive opportunity, and the chance to join a reputable and sought-after employer!
Ledgent is part of the Roth family of companies, which is one of the largest privately-held staffing companies in the country. We are proud to be recognized with the industry's top awards such as "Best Staffing Firm to Work' and "Bets Staffing Firm to Temp For'. Our experienced Solutions Manager will listen to your employment needs and then work vigorously to match your skillset to the right job and company. We strive to create remarkable experiences every time we interact with you. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one will work harder for you than Ledgent. For our temporary employees, we offer a generous benefits package available upon hire, which include 401K, health, and dental benefits. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information or any other classification protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer.