Payroll Administrator & Accountant Job Description
Duties & Functions:
- Oversee all payroll functions and payroll processing.
- Ensure internal controls, system reviews are followed.
- Ensure the accuracy of every payroll prior to submission.
- Upon completion of payroll, review, analyze, post and reconcile payroll records and transactions to all accounts.
- Create and provide payroll and tax reports for federal, state, and local agencies as requested
- Attend to payroll inquiries from employees.
- Prepare general ledger entries and post payroll adjustments which include benefit entries, deductions, payroll taxes, year-end adjustments, and accruals.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by devising and updating policies and procedures.
- Bring a strategic mindset to improving payroll.
- Performs general accounting entries, fixed assets, treasury and budgetary reporting.
- Will work closely with accounts payable to coordinate positive pay procedures with the bank, issuance of 1099â€™s and prepare quarterly FTB filing.
- Assisting Controller with preparing year end deferred expenses, year end accruals and year end assistance with financial statement audit.
- Assist in general accounting functions such as A/P, A/R and G/L.
- Gathers requested documentation and helps coordinate internal and external audits.
- Bachelor's degree is required in Accounting, Business or Finance discipline.
- Analytical skills, ability to interpret and communicate financial information.
- 3+ years of prior general ledger/accounting experience within a mid-size or large company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use technology, tools and processes to stay highly organized.
- Must be self-motivated, highly detailed and organized, able to take initiative to make or adapt to changes.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and ability to multi-task in a complex business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with internal team, all employee levels within the organization with an exceptional customer service focus.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, applicant tracking system experience is a plus.
- Well organized and efficient with handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Salary Range $60K-$75K
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, or military or veteran status. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org