Date Posted: 8/24/2023Apply Now
Our client located in Peachtree City is looking for a Senior Auditor for a Direct Hire Opportunity!
The Senior Auditor will perform financial audits by planning and executing an independent examination of financial statements, reviews, and compilations in various client industries. In addition, the Sr. Auditor will be responsible for planning and supervising engagements and providing timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters and offering a clear perspective to the organization's governance.
May oversee the work of entry-level auditing staff.
* Audits financial records, statements, and reports, verifying accuracy and consistency
* Reviews internal controls, policies, and procedures for effectiveness
* Works collaboratively with firm staff to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
* Uses firm audit software to review and compile financial information
* Drafts and presents reports of findings and analysis; identifies and recommends revisions and improvements to accounting practices and procedures
* Provides a high level of customer service to clients by being courteous and friendly
* Effectively manage time budgets and deadlines
* Manage full scope of client engagements
* Initiate solutions to problems and continue to develop technical expertise to improve professional judgment
* Maintain high level of ownership over projects and tasks assigned to the role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and reporting
* Proficiency in: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, and accounting software
* Must be able to handle sensitive information and manage confidentiality
* Must be detail-oriented and accurate
* Ability to develop and maintain excellent client relations
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to meet deadlines and possess strong time management skills
* Must be organized and able to prioritize tasks
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
* Master's degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred
* Experience auditing financial statements in a public accounting firm required
* 3+ years auditing experience
* CPA license preferred
* Experience with Quickbooks, accounting software and Microsoft Office
* Experience with Thomson Reuters AdvanceFlow preferred
* Experience auditing these industries is preferred: Not-for-profit, construction, retail, restaurants
* Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
* Normal office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
* May require working extra hours
* Some travel to various offices or client sites is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Auditor position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.