Ledgent Finance & Accounting is seeking a Payroll Coordinator for a great company in the Sacramento area! The payroll Coordinator prepares and distributes the company's payroll, prepares any necessary tax documents, and makes sure that all hours, benefits, and deductions are logged appropriately and that all payroll accounts remain balanced.
- 4+ years of experience processing payroll in ADP.
- Strong functional knowledge of the system.
- Experience leading teams and driving their work to ensure project timelines are met.
- Experience managing work streams, including monitoring for project issues and sound judgement for escalation.
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products such as PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience processing payroll for 70+ employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist
- Reviews time cards for hourly employees to make sure there are no errors.
- Ensures that all benefits and insurance premiums are deducted from paychecks.
- Tracks vacation and sick hours to ensure that they are accurately listed on pay stubs.
- Enters employee's personal information into payroll database.
- Prepares and submits payroll documents.
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations for payroll processing.
- Responds to inquiries from employees about salaries and wages.
- Processes overtime payments.
- Resolves any discrepancies surrounding payroll issues.
- Processes W-4s for tax purposes.
- Distributes W-2s for tax purposes.
- Prepares year-end payroll reports.
- Keeps up to date on changes in company tax status.
- Sets up direct deposits.
- Prepares and distributes paper checks when necessary.
- Keeps detailed and organized payroll records.
- Communicates regularly with HR and Accounting to ensure that all employee records are correct.
Compensation: $30 - $35/hr
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org