Ledgent has partnered with a nonprofit in Los Angeles to find a Senior General Ledger Accountant to work on a temp to hire basis.
- Prepare and document journal entries for month-end closing, including accruals for expenses, prepaid items, and deferred revenue.
- Perform essential accounting tasks such as maintaining subsidiary ledgers for accounts receivable, recording cash receipts, and reconciling monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Record journal entries for payroll, including semi-monthly payroll, monthly accruals, and taxes.
- Evaluate and analyze entries and balances in the general ledger to make informed assessments.
- Aid in the preparation and review of audit schedules and collaborate with external auditors on completing the organization's information return.
- Generate monthly invoices for specific state grants.
- Assist the controller in producing monthly financial statements, annual LAC-DMH cost reports, settlement reconciliations, and ad hoc reports.
- Update and maintain the comprehensive schedule(s) of fixed assets across the agency.
- Keep monthly budget utilization reports current in the budget software.
- Support the controller in preparing monthly budget-to-actual reports and conducting analysis using the agency's budget software.
- 4+ years of related accounting experience
- At least 2 years experience working in nonprofit
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com