Ledgent has partnered with a nonpofit in Los Angeles to find a Grant Accountant. This is an ongoing temporary assignment and this individual will ideally have exposure to working with grants. Apply now!
- Effectively use the accounting system, focusing on accounts receivable and billing.
- Possess strong proficiency in the General Ledger coding system, including grant, program, department, and program codes.
- Familiarize oneself with assigned contracts, particularly the financial section.
- Ensure timely updates of grant budgets in the accounting system.
- Meet deadlines for recording periodic grant billings.
- Generate monthly reports to monitor grant budget variations.
- Collaborate with department/program staff to track and manage variations.
- Collect grant receivables to minimize overdue items.
- Serve as a point of contact for grantors as needed.
- Prepare periodic and final grant reports within specified timelines.
- Assist with budget modifications and new grant budget preparation as required.
- Support grant audits as necessary.
- Stay up to date with relevant laws and regulations.
- Adhere to department and organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Be a team member in the finance department, providing support to other departments when required.
- Receive cross-training as backup for emergency situations.
- 3+ years of accounting, preferably grant accounting, experience
- BA in accounting or related field preferred
- Nonprofit industry experience highly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com