We are partnering with a CPA firm in the NW metro who is looking for a unique "purple squirrel" of a candidate - someone who likes accounting but would also consider themselves IT/tech-savvy. This a temporary to hire role (looking for a long term home) and pays up to $65,000 (D.O.E.)
Great work environment, newly created role, Unlimited PTO (once hired on), Profit sharing, etc.
As an Accounting / Technology assistant you will spend 75% of your time supporting our Controller with the day-to-day accounting responsibilities. This position will be providing technical assistance to staff as well as our new hire onboarding. Performance is judged on quality of work, application of accounting and technical knowledge with the ability to trouble shoot and meet time constraints.
- Record daily bank deposits
- Review accounts payable invoices, enter vendor information into accounting software system; verifies that invoice information is entered correctly
- Issue payments to vendors as approved
- Process routine monthly payments as approved
- Download and code credit card transactions
- Assist in accounts receivable collection
- Review, reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts; prepare adjusting journal entries
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements
- Prepare month-end reconciliation between general ledger and reporting software
- Analyze transactions for correct coding and assignments of revenue and expenses
- Assist/prepare complex month end reports
- Generates weekly/monthly reports for management
- Interact effectively and be a positive influence both within and outside the Accounting Department
- Ability to troubleshoot and assist and train others
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with the ability to learn new or updated software
- Providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software
- Perform basic problem diagnosis
- Escalate issues to appropriate resource
- Deployment of desktops/laptops
- Provide resolution and assistance to Windows related problems
- Move, add/change and-or relocate computer hardware
- Install and integrate computing devices; computers, printers, access points, monitors, projectors, etc.
- 1-2+ years of experience within Accounting (A/P, A/R, or related work)
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with software programs, Excel, etc.
- Comfortable with on site work
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org