We are currently recruiting a Senior Accountant in Irving, TX for our client. This is a permanent position.
This position is heavily involved in month-end and quarter-end close as well as assisting in the preparation and review of the resulting financial statements for their client companies. It also has exposure to senior leadership team and high priority clients, so being comfortable and effective in communicating with these stakeholders is essential to succeed.
Candidates should have a passion for excel and data manipulation and be able to leverage technology to improve processes and eliminate errors. This position has exposure to a broad array of financial aspects including GL accounting, financial reporting, analysis, tax, investments, and controllership.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in Excel - expert level
- Experience with Power BI, Access, SSRS, SQL and related database & reporting software preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Experience and Education
- Review journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis of GL accounts
- Analyze operational data for accuracy
- Responsible for assisting in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Provide guidance and support for staff accountants
- Prepare and distribute quarterly financial reports for clients
- Analyze and maintain special processes; opportunity to implement process improvements
- Develop client-facing dashboard reports via Power BI
- Perform ad hoc analysis and assist with projects as needed
- Research and respond to inquiries from clients
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance.
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience leading a team of at least 2-5 people
- 3-5 years general accounting experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com