Currently seeking Payroll Specialist in the Sacramento Area! Full-Time Opportunity.
- Work with Human Resources on new hire set ups; benefit enrollment, terminations, payroll adjustments, and other related activities which impact payroll processing in the HRIS, payroll and benefits systems.
- Track and verify a variety of payroll related information (e.g., time and attendance data, leave time, direct deposits, benefits, garnishments, deductions, bonus, wage attachments, etc.) to ensure accurate disbursement of funds and payroll.
- Maintain the validity and accuracy of payroll system data and ensure all payroll transactions follow Federal, State and local laws.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees and outside agencies and provide information or direction as needed.
- Responsible for new state tax codes set up and respond to tax notices.
- Assist with payroll and tax filing service providers to maintain all payroll records, reports, and tax filings.
- Lead Year-end payroll processes: Year-end audits, W2 audits, W2 processing and distribution, 1094-1095 processing and distribution, company specific activities, compliance activities.
- Record, maintain and update payroll and benefits procedures.
- Work with current payroll vendor for technical issues with payroll reports and systems back-end issues.
- Audit, reconcile and approve monthly benefit and payroll related invoices.
- Minimum three years of payroll administration experience required
- Bachelor's degree preferred, not required
- Knowledge of payroll and tax laws
- Intermediate Excel skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $28.00 - $31.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org