Ledgent Finance and Accounting has a prominent Manufacturing Company located near Bloomington needing to permanently add a Senior Accountant to their team! If you are looking to take that next step in your career with company that highly values their employees and culture then apply today!
Hybrid/Remote (2 days work from home)
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm (flexible)
Profit Sharing plan
Direct line of advancement into leadership role
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Responsible for performing accounting activities and leadership responsibilities for the Accounting team.
- Compiles financial data necessary for the timely processing of the monthly and year-end closing of the applicable general ledgers including the preparation and input of monthly standard and special journal entries and maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Performs account analysis, reconciliations and prepares detailed documentation necessary for the maintenance of the general ledger accounts, including both balance sheet and profit and loss statement accounts. Reviews, verifies and analyzes any deviations and trends against budget, prior months, and prior year's activity.
- Reconciles various bank accounts provide information to Treasury regularly, review and verify detailed internal and external wire requests.
- Completes special projects and any other job-related duties required to support the department objectives.
- Interacts with operations and other finance teams, and will be exposed to confidential operating results, financial information, operating procedures, budgets, forecasts and management decisions.
- Assists in data compilation and preparation of exhibits and schedules for provision to external auditors at each quarter or as requested.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting (Required)
* 5 + years' accounting/finance experience
* Excellent understanding of accounting theory (Required)
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Required)
* Experience with mainframe or cloud-based systems (Required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com