The Accounts Payable Manager will manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Accounts Payable Department
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide supervision, training, and direction for accounting employees in the Corporate Accounts Payable Department.
- Accrue and remit use tax through periodic state sales and use tax returns in a multi-state environment for multiple companies. Lead person on California State Board of Equalization audit for Swinerton Incorporated and Swinerton Builders. Responsible for audit issue resolution.
- Oversees the processing and verification of invoices, coding of expenses, preparation of vouchers, and issuance of checks for payment.
- Plans, schedules, and directs work of the corporate accounts payable unit within the established accounting policies of the organization.
- Responsible for 1099 education, training, and processing for the entire organization.
- Assist in the development of the corporate AP Policy and Procedure manual. Make recommendations and changes to these policies to better fit our organization.
- Code and enter P-Card transaction.
- Allocate and invoice overhead costs to separate divisions and companies.
- Reconcile general ledger A/P accounts to the Accounts Payable subledger for various companies.
- Reconcile retention payable and sales and use tax general ledger accounts.
- Have working knowledge of all A/P functions with the ability to perform them if assigned staff is out of the office.
- Responsible for zero check input and processing.
- Assist divisional accounts payable personnel to answer questions and solve problems concerning department policies and procedures.
- Work on other projects and presentations as required
- Day to day responsibilities for all company credit cards, purchase cards, gas cards and any other purchasing program as designated by the company.
- Oversight of Office Manager duties for the office. Duties include, but not limited to ordering supplies, office equipment (copier, fax, mail machine, coffee service, etc.) procurement and maintenance, and building access pass monitoring.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in accounting. Plus six years of accounts payable experience and 2 years supervisory experience, or related lifetime experience desirable.
- Experience in preparation of Sales and Use Tax reporting, and 1099 processing.
- Good computer skills and high aptitude of basic computer spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to use 10-key by touch accurately.
- Effective verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Reliability, dependability, and flexibility.
- Ability to work and excel in a multi-tasking environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com