The Payroll Manager will oversee timely and accurate payroll processing for weekly and bi-weekly multi-state payroll for union and non-union employees. Provide management to the payroll staff and guidance and oversight to the company for compliance with all external institution reporting requirements.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the processing of weekly and semi-monthly payroll for Multiple Divisions in a multi-state environment
- Responsible for all federal, multi-state and municipal payroll tax reconciliations, reporting and payments
- Oversee withholdings and payment reconciliation for liens and judgments related to such matters as childcare support, tax liens, etc.
- Review and approve general ledger postings of payroll data
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with all states and federal government reporting requirements and all union reporting requirements
- Acts as liaison with other departments and locations for resolution of payroll problems.
- Establish reporting deadlines and meet all Administrative and Craft Payroll Processing deadlines
- Keep current of changes in laws, regulations and rates which impact the payroll area.
- Educate Financial Managers on building Recharge and Billing Rates
- Establish and ensure accuracy in PDBA/Control Files in J.D. Edwards
- Provide management, training and direction for Corporate Payroll Staff
- Oversee hiring and reviewing of Corporate Payroll Staff
- Oversee all responsibilities related to W-2's
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Four-year business or accounting degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years payroll experience with 4 in a management role
- Proficient in federal, state and local employment statutory requirements related to wage and hour, health and welfare, and payroll tax including multi-state payrolls and California pay rules
- Extremely proficient with Integrated Job Cost/ Payroll/Accounting Software and spreadsheet applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use 10-key by touch accurately
- Effective English verbal communication skills, including professional telephone manner
- Reliability, dependability and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com