Temporary Staff Accountant Position
Ledgent is seeking experienced accounting professionals in the Portland Metropolitan area to partner with on a variety of temporary assignments. The opportunities in question include companies in a range of industries, and in both onsite, hybrid, and remote work settings. Professionals can gain experiences in new work environments, develop new skills, and diversify their professional background, all with the security of a trusted staffing partner.
- Maintain and reconcile ledgers, reports and accounting records
- Assist in the preparation of complete, accurate and timely financial statements
- Reconcile bank account to general ledger and analyze discrepancies
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Reconcile fixed assets, accounts payable, prepaid assets and accrued expenses on a monthly basis
- Perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses.
- Make recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets, and expenditures
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Document and monitor internal controls in supporting of auditing team
- Analyze complex financial reports and records
- Perform variance analyses and prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports
- 3+ years of general accounting experience, better if in big firm
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business, or equivalent work experience
- CPA preferred but not required
- Have analytical experience with general ledgers in an accounting environment.
- Are able to verify data integrity and convert raw data into analytical reports.
- Have experience with Microsoft Excel creating and applying complex formulas, database, and analysis functions.
- Have experience with accounting software
- Demonstrate excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com