Date Posted: 9/23/2022Apply Now
Our client supplies a large range of industrial and specialty chemicals with a broad range of customers. They are seeking an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST to join their team in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will manage the sales cycle from invoice generation to cash collection.
This position is DIRECT-HIRE.
· Review invoices and prepare payable vouchers for correct coding, sufficient documentation, and correct authorization
· Research paid and unpaid invoices; monitor and track expense voucher log
· Maintain records and files in accordance with established filing system
· Assist with monthly accruals and close process
· Receive telephone calls from vendors and internal personnel and respond to their questions as needed
· Interact with multiple departments (Customer Service, Supply Chain, Warehouse, and Plant) to ensure invoicing accuracy
· Perform basic mathematical procedures when reconciling or coding invoices
· Perform check/ACH payments and record in accounting system
· Perform other duties as requested by manager
· AAS or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Education; PREFERRED
· 3+ years of Accounting Payable
· Large ERP system experience preferred
· Full-cycle AP Experience; PLUS
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the AP Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.