Ledgent Finance & Accounting has an Amazing Property Management Accountant Opportunity!! If you are looking for the next step in your accounting career look no further! This exciting Direct Hire opportunity is based in the Houston, TX area. In this role you will have the ability to build your career and be rewarded for your hard work!
As a Property Management Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed assets maintenance, bank and general ledger reconciliations. Your duties will also include producing financial statements, cash flow projections, budgets, internal reporting and communicating with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
What you get to do day to day:
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze, reconcile and prepare monthly financial statements for 7-8 multifamily properties. Properties may include retail spaces and/or HOA's.
- Produce journal entries and preform month-end close under minimal supervision
- Preform reconciliations
- Maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Review income and expense accounts for coding accuracy and proper GAAP treatment
- Compose income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Aid in implementing accounting procedures and internal controls that are compliant with GAAP
- Monitor and meet payment deadlines for property tax, insurance, mortgage, distributions, and other significant payments
- Produce monthly reporting packages and financial schedules
- Communicate with investors in a timely manner.
- Provide annual audit team support
- Review preliminary residential reports to prepare for month-end close out
- Provide team with accounting related support and guidance to ensure close-out is timely and accurate
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- 1-3 years of full cycle Accounting experience
- Corporate Accounting experience
- Property Management Accounting experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Tables and V-LOOK ups)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work from home every other week after 90 days and with satisfactory work performance. Must have a dedicated workspace and reliable internet at home.
Pay: $60K-65K Yearly
If you are interested in this EXCELLENT Property Management Accountant opportunity and want to be IMMEDIATELY considered, please email Lindsay at email@example.com today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org