Date Posted: 9/9/2022Apply Now
Essential Job Duties
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Staff Accountant will review, prepare, submit and distribute payroll. Responsible for leading in month end close activities; reviewing and analyzing transactions, general ledger accounts, and company expenditures; assists with external audit, budgets and special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Bank Reconciliation.
· Cash flow projection models.
· Assist with Month-End Closing process.
· Fund Accounting, AP, AR
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
· Review, update, prepare and submit bi-weekly payroll in ADP Workforce Now.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Reconcile Customer Deposits to the G/L.
· Prepare monthly Journal Entries for prepaid expense allocations, Gifts-In-Kind, payroll, 401(k) activity, investments, and fixed assets.
· Review, setup, enter and post all Fixed Asset transactions (e.g., acquisition, transfer, and disposal).
· Post monthly F/A depreciation to the G/L.
· Maintain files for all Fixed Asset categories
· Assist with the coordination and exchange of donor financial information between the Finance and Fund Development Departments.
· Prepare the monthly Money Market account reconciliation for posting.
· Prepare monthly inventory schedules and reconciliations; prepare and post monthly COGS.
· Maintain a high level of communication and work collaboratively with vendors, the public and all personnel in a manner that is consistent with the Agency's policies.
· Perform other duties as required to improve the functioning of the department and the organization.
JOB RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Understand and carry out oral and written instructions; express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
· Work well and communicate effectively with the public, fellow employees and volunteers.
· Show maturity and good judgment; perform the job in a professional manner and work efficiently under pressure.
· Flexibility to adapt to differing support needs created by differing work styles.
· A working knowledge of accounting principles, processes (e.g., A/R, A/P, C/R., C/D, G/L, F/A, F/S), and procedures as well as understanding of fund accounting.
· ADP Workforce Now Payroll Software, Blackbaud Financial Edge 7 Accounting Software, Excel, Word, Verisign, Convio (Luminate), Heartland Payment Systems, Mind Body, WordPress.
OTHER ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience & Training
· Bachelor Degree in related discipline and at least three years of hands-on experience in Financial Accounting-related work, non-profit a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Staff Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.