Date Posted: 8/16/2022Apply Now
Ledgent Finance and Accounting has a prominent Business Services and Marketing partner located in the Twin Cities area needing to add to their Accounting team!
If you have AP/AR or bookkeeping experience and are looking to advance your career, this is the team for you!!!
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Keys data and prepares batches for processing which involves sorting, alphabetizing, and running tapes to verify hash counts and totals.
2. Prepares purchasing, travel, personnel, or related documents.
3. Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents; distributes and files financial documents and reports.
4. Answers telephones, opens and logs mail, meets and greets visitors, and assists in other clerical functions; may arrange travel and meetings and coordinate office security and key control.
5. Sorts documents; codes, logs, reviews for accuracy; matches supporting invoices to procurement documents; and verifies invoices for payment.
6. Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions; reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
7. Researches processing problems, contacts departments and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to inquiries by telephone or in writing; refers complex problems for solution.
8. Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and types money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank deposits.
9. Assists in preparation of financial statements such as billings, budgets, and cost reports.
10. Assists in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
11. Distributes, reviews, calculates, and processes payroll time sheets and employment documents; verifies account numbers; maintains sick and annual leave and other payroll records.
12. May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
* High school diploma or GED; at least 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
* Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Thank you for applying to the Accounting Clerk - Direct Hire! FN position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.