Accounts Payable Specialist
Direct Hire, $50,000-$62,000
Ledgent Finance & Accounting has a prominent business partner located in Saint Paul needing to permanently add to their Payables team! If you have AP experience and are looking to advance your career, this is the team for you!!! This company provides the highest level of customer service by resolving any and all exceptions or escalation issues that enter into the Accounts Payable Dept, via AP Statement email box. Also serves as the subject matter expert on AP processes and procedures and provides training support for the AP Dept.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Accurate & Timely data entry of vendor invoices and credits
- Processes PO and Non-PO invoices
- When applicable, perform Statement Reconciliations & Open Receiver Resolution
- When applicable, perform PO Exception reconciliation
- Ensures that all customer emails/calls are followed up on in a timely manner
- Meets/Maintains Department SLA for acceptable processing volume
- Meets/Maintains Department SLA for acceptable quality standards
- Performs designated training duties for the Accounts Payable Dept
- Identifies training needs and ensures that follow up training occurs for Quality Control failures in the Dept
- Operates in a multi-system capacity to provide advanced support
- Other duties as assigned by management
- This position has no direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED and 3 or more years of directly related experience in Accounts Payable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong customer service skills, preferably call center background
- Working knowledge of general bookkeeping or accounting practices
- Experience with one or more accounting software packages and/or ERPs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to type minimum 25 words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentage, and apply to practical situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com