Date Posted: 8/14/2022Apply Now
Reporting to the U.S. Controller, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be part of the U.S. Accounting Department. This position supports USA operations, with primary responsibility for cash application, deduction management and collections activities.
· Post cash receipts daily with reconciliation information from various sources - online banking, payment gateways, EDI systems and customer portals.
· Responsible for processing, analyzing, and reviewing customer cash payments prior to cash receipts posting to resolve various problems (i.e., pricing differences, deduction detail, deduction reason, etc.).
· Retrieve payment and deduction documentation via various websites for participating customers; contact customers via portals, emails, and telephone as necessary to communicate any deduction details.
· Analyze and resolve disputed amounts, working as a liaison between various personnel (warehouse, logistics, customer service) and customers.
· Monitoring customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments, and other deductions.
· Maintenance of deduction recovery analytic templates.
· Monthly reconciliation of A/R account, PayPal, and EComm
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
· Understanding and application of accounting theory in a business enterprise, preferably with a distribution company
· Computer proficiency, with a high level of capability in Excel and other MS Office products. Experience with ERP accounting systems a plus. Microsoft Navision (NAV)
· Technical accounting education and practical skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong work ethic and focus on goal accomplishment
· Analytical skills to complement transactional efficiency
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural environment at different levels of management as well as internal and external customers
· Must be comfortable working in an international environment
· Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to prioritize
· Ability to be flexible and work additional hours if business demands, including but not limited to occasional weekends
· Ability to multi-task and follow-through tasks to completion
· Ability to operate well in fast-paced, collaborative environment
· Active listener, good "observer', problem solver/pro-active and results orientated
· Must be a team player and work with others to seek solutions with a proactive and a positive attitude
· Open attitude towards change
· Proactive and "hands-on', pragmatic approach
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Accounts Receivable Clerk position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.