Our client, a multi-million-dollar manufacturing company has an immediate need for a permanent Cost/Staff Accountant.
- Cedar Hill, TX 76104
- $60,000-$70,000 a year
- Fulltime, Permanent position, in-office required
- This position is responsible for ensuring inventory is appropriately valued, and cost of sales are recorded correctly in a timely manner
- The position also ensures timely billing of conversion customers and that entries are recorded correctly while supporting audits & developing financial analyses as requested by management
- This role will seek out opportunities to improve processes under direction of the Director of Revenue & Cost Accounting
- Fully responsible for accurately recording inventory and cost of sales (COS) for assigned companies utilizing SAP
- PP (production planning module) to process settlements, record WIP, post COS and reconcile inventory
- Complete understanding of associated variances posting and analysis of assigned companies' COS & inventory
- Prepare supporting schedules related to costing and inventory for annual audits, reviews, and internal
- Prepare any other reports, analyses, and special projects as requested
- Ensure conversion customers are billed as per contract and that the billing is on time and accurate, and associated entries are recorded to A/R, A/P and the General Ledger correctly
- Accurately record assigned journal entries, prepare supporting documentation, and complete monthly account analyses for assigned accounts
- Be an active participant and serve as a subject matter expert on any system enhancements related to Cost Accounting such as conversion billing automation, Production Planning module costing, etc.
- Knowledge/Experience: (List specific education, licenses, and experience necessary)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Cost Accounting experience in manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with SAP, and exposure to LEAN
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Computer literate with good keyboarding skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Abilities/Behaviors: (List physical abilities and working behaviors necessary to perform this function: e.g., physical dexterity, lifting requirements, decision making, verbal communication)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Attention to detail with ability to focus on specific tasks and meet deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org