Our client in the manufacturing industry is looking for an Assistant Controller to add to their team. This role is open due to growth and an upcoming retirement. Must be okay with travel (
- Corporate Financial Reporting and Accounting: Responsible for accuracy of the Company's general ledger and its compliance with GAAP. Prepare internal financial reports, and ensure that they are timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP. Manage communication to the Controller and CFO to ensure all regulatory requirements are met, emerging accounting literature is understood, and properly and timely implemented.
- Financial Control Policies and Procedures: Assist the Controller in establishing and maintaining financial control policies safeguarding corporate assets. Assist Controller in ensuring staff is trained and department is organized to support an effective control environment.
- Audit and Tax Preparation: Function as the primary contact for audit and tax-related questions, and provide schedules as requested by external audit and tax staff.
- Staff Development: Hire and train staff as needed. Conduct performance reviews, ensuring staff members have accurate job expectations, training plans and performance development plans.
- Process Improvements: Assist the Controller in promoting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure department processes and procedures are reviewed regularly for efficiency and effectiveness, developing metrics to measure improvements. Foster initiative-taking process reviews and improvements by staff.
- Accounts Payable: Oversee and support the following transaction cycles: Accounts Payable including Invoicing and Sales Tax. Continuously assess processes and procedures to identify changes that could be implemented for increased efficiency and effectiveness. Communicate potential changes to the Controller, and work with all affected parties to incorporate the changes. Ensure work procedures are documented.
- Bachelors degree in accounting required ; CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Public accounting experience - preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within an organization. Confident and persuasive with excellent analytical and negotiation skills, balanced with strong customer orientation and business sense.
- Strong project management skills. Must be able to manage projects driving objectives to completion. Demonstrated willingness and ability to analyze and document processes, monitor compliance & ensure high standards in department output.
- Strong Microsoft Excel user, and prior use of general ledger applications in an ERP environment required (Oracle is preferred).Ability to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com