This position will report directly to the VP - Accounting, Controller for both administrative and accounting functions. The Administrative/Accounting Assistance will perform support activities for accounts receivable, prepare and submit state filings, administer Unclaimed Property, prepare reinsurance reports, and assist in tenant management.
- Receives and processes accounts receivable policy payments and new business payments for company.
- Process daily ACH premium payments, as needed.
- Download lockbox files from bank to process the accounts receivable payments into the AR System.
- Review the daily transactions processed by Underwriting and prepares necessary adjustments, if needed (i.e. transfers, balance waive, etc.).
- Assists in weekly refunds and billing of insureds, month-end reconciliation, and monthly commission processing.
- Prepares and maintains the suspense listing for new business.
- Prepares Unclaimed Property letters and maintains supporting documentation, including coordinating with Accounts Payable/Receivable in the void and reissuance of checks.
- Prepare filings and submissions for insurance departments' compliance requirements, coordinating with other staff as necessary.
- Complete administrative functions for reinsurance including submission of quarterly reporting to reinsurance broker(s), the charge off report, quota share report, and excess premium bordereau.
- Assists in preparing letters and reconciliations for tenant rent. This includes monitoring monthly rental payments by tenants and communicating any issues to management / facilities.
- Arrange meetings, prepare materials, correspondence, and minutes for the Audit and Finance Committees of the Board.
- Work with spreadsheets for ad hoc exhibits for presentations
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements/Attributes:
- Assist in new vendor set up
- Process mail
- Assist with special projects
- Administer petty cash
- Maintain compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as requested
- 2-3 years general administrative experience
- High School Diploma
- At least 2 years of college or Associate Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work effectively with mathematical concepts
- Ability to work accurately under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to overall mission of the Company
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org