The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll. This involves compiling payroll data, processing and transmitting it electronically to the payroll system on a weekly basis as well as administering electronic payments to vendors. The Payroll Specialist works closely with Accounting and HR team members, managers, timekeepers and schedulers to ensure that time worked is accurately accounted for.
Pay DOE: $23.00 to $26.00
- Compile payroll data, process and transmit payroll in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with established payroll processing calendars, state and federal regulations. Assist managers, timekeepers and schedulers with systems to ensure accurate time accounting for all employees.
- Administer electronic deposits and cash funding report for payroll. Ensure payroll reports are downloaded and data is securely and confidentially maintained.
- Extract payroll data and import into General Ledger for all employees after each payroll is processed.
- Enter and extract data from multiple HR Systems for reporting, compliance and metrics purposes.
- Provide administrative support by processing payroll related expenses and reimbursements, responding to requests for verification of employment.
- Stay abreast of Payroll compliance issues and Payroll system upgrades via continuing professional development.
- Generate, complete and process quarterly Worker's Comp filings with the state.
- Handle special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Accounting-related associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Payroll experience required. Certification preferred.
- Two years electronic payroll processing experience preferred
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional, organized, detail-oriented and customer service oriented.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information and maintain confidences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org