Date Posted: 8/4/2022Apply Now
Job: Cash Applications Specialist
Type: Temporary - 6-8 weeks
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F
Open position - new position
POSITION SUMMARY: The Cash/Accounts Receivables Specialist (Cash AR ) is primarily responsible for the cash application of all customer receipts and selected misc. cash receipts. The Cash AR may manage a small portfolio of freight and internal accounts receivable accounts. The Cash AR, if authorized by the Credit Manager, may release orders, or hold orders. The Cash AR works closely with the Accounting Department. This position is responsible for the processing of Federal Excise Tax claims made by commercial tire customers. We will train on the FET process. This position reports to the Credit Manager, but is also responsible to the Sr. Credit Analyst in the areas of process execution and cash application and cash reconciliation. This position infrequently participates in staffing the downstairs reception station on a round robin schedule with other departments to support the HR team during lunch hours.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
??Post Cash to AR
??Collects past due freight and internal accounts
??Processes FET claims.
??Reconciles Cash and other internal accounts
??Liaison with accounting on cash receipt issues
??Fold and distribute end of month customer statements.
??Manages a small AR portfolio
??Supports administrative tasks of the credit group
1. Post Cash to AR: Primary function is to post cash receipts in Oracle, analyze receipts, and reconcile any receipt discrepancies. Acts as liaison to Accounting team in areas of cash application and receipts record keeping
2. Processes FET claims.
3. Reconciles Cash and Other Internal Accounts: Works with Customer Service to reconcile remittance deductions by customers. Requests credit memos when required. Monitors customer payments and collects past due amounts. Releases order from credit hold within company policies and procedures..
4. Supports Administrative Tasks of the Credit Group: Prepares or assists in the preparation of end of month credit reports. Supports absence of credit team members during vacations and lunch hours. Responsible for any additional duties as assigned by the Credit Manager.
5. Releases orders when analysts are not available.
6. Processes credit card charges for MPP.
7. Responsible for any additional duties as assigned by the Credit Manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Temporary Cash Application/Collections Clerk position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.