Ledgent Finance & Accounting is seeking an organized and detail-oriented individual to fill a Payroll Specialist opening we have available with one of our clients in the Vancouver area.
For consideration apply directly or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons why you should apply:
- Flexible, Hybrid Schedule
- Opportunity for advancement
- Laid-back office environment
- Competitive pay and fantastic benefits!
- Collect daily, weekly or monthly timesheets
- Calculate bonuses and allowances
- Prepare employees' compensation by the end of each month using payroll software
- Schedule bank payments or hand out paychecks directly to employees
- Distribute payment statements and gather signed receipts (digital or paper)
- Report on payroll expenses
- Ensure wages and tax withholdings comply with regulations
- Enter new employees' data (e.g. bank accounts and tax identification numbers) into internal databases
- Answer questions about compensation, benefits, taxes and insurance deductions
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role
- Hands-on experience with HRIS and accounting software
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Time-management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- BSc in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com