FRESH & NEW: Seeking an Experienced AR Collections Specialist- up to $62K DOE
*Please email your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter directly to our Division Director Steven Strawser at email@example.com for immediate consideration. www.linkedin.com/in/stevenstrawser/
The SF Bay Area Ledgent Team has been in the Bay Area for 25 years and we are seeking the right payroll professional to contribute immediately to this Very Established company. Great environment. Please apply ASAP, as interviews take place as early as tomorrow.
The ideal candidates will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
Primary Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Detailed & Focused: We are hungry for Operational Efficiency & Leadership.
- Be Proactive & Own It: We think and act as an owner - with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable / Collections person to join our Accounting team. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, organization and the right candidate must be very detail oriented. The Accounting team is a friendly group, who love what they do, and we want you to feel the same.
- Regularly review open A/R accounts for collection and make outbound collection calls.
- Generate and review A/R aging reports to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a good follow-up system to ensure promises to pay are met
- Determine if a collection letter needs to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
- Approve or decline charges on accounts when past due or over credit limit
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, ACH and credit card transactions
- Prepare daily bank deposits for courier
- Take ownership of researching and resolving payment discrepancies from start to finish.
- Respond to inquiries and fulfill customer requests for copies of invoices, proof of delivery
- Assists others within the Accounting Department and other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience in collections and accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting records
- Strong and reliable data entry skills
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
PLEASE NOTE - This is an in-office position, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org