Date Posted: 8/14/2022Apply Now
The Purchase Order/Cost Manager will be responsible for issuing import purchase orders and tracking all related landed costs. The primary focus of this new position is the end-to-end management of purchase orders from creation through, goods receipt, invoice payment and cost integrity reporting.
* Work with external customers to obtain factory information to ensure that our internal system reflects accurate data for billing and wire transfers.
* Partner with planning, production, and operations, and issue bulk production POs in sync with calendar and shipping commitments.
* Work with production and product development for validation of all systems costing and pricing prior to issuing POs and ensure on-going systems costing integrity.
* Review and confirm all POs for accuracy before issuing them internally and external to vendors.
* Manage and update purchase orders as revisions are made to costing, pricing and delivery.
* Capture all related landed costs at a PO/shipment level, including freight and duty costs, to ensure system alignment at a SKU level.
* Enter shipping documents under the purchase orders, move the product through all stages of in transit, to insure accurate posting to inventory.
* Verify billed amounts from carriers are accurate including freight charges, ancillary charges to customs duty charges. Seek necessary adjustments from vendors when needed.
* Partner with warehouse & fulfilment team to schedule delivery of containers and priority of receiving.
* Communicate to parties on all status/issues encountered to achieve resolution when needed.
* Partner with the team on the regular monthly financial close, including support for journal entries and estimates.
* Manage and issue regularly Landed Cost, PPV, and Freight Trend analyses, and other reporting as needed on PO and cost data.
* As needed work with management and PD team to adjust/update standard estimated costing variables.
* Troubleshoot and solve unplanned cost variances with management, production and PD.
* Initiate CTPAT certification application and maintain necessary records for program compliance.
* 2-3 years working experience with PO management or cost accounting.
* College education preferred but not required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), ERP, and PLM systems.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
* Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
* Strong organization and skills and attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Cost Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.