Our client in the east side of town is looking for an Accounting Manager to add to their team. This is a highly visible role with aggressive room for growth.
Pays upwards of $125,000 as a base salary + monthly bonus. MUST HAVE ACTIVE CPA (or willingness to reactive!).
- Manage 1-2 direct reports
- Prepare and review monthly work papers and conduct reconciliations of GL accounts to subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts each period to ensure accurate financial reporting; identify and correct any accounting errors
- Identify, record and post monthly adjusting journal entries as necessary
- Accounting for the company's Cost of Goods with a focus on Inventory on hand, Inventory reserves, sensitive inventory movements and associated inventory variances
- Acting as a key contributor during the monthly closing cycle to the overall calculation of Gross Margin results balance sheet reconciliations for inventory related accounts
- Reconciles inventory G/L
- Monitor inventory and prepare inventory aging reporting
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Manage month-end close procedures and execution.
- Respond to accounting inquiries through research and interpretation of financial information.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining Fixed Assets for the company, including recording monthly depreciation
- Assist in annual budget preparation with requested financial information and analysis.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA Certification - Required
- If expired - must be willing to reactivate it - they will pay for CPE courses
- 7+ years progressive accounting experience and financial statement preparation
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Inventory experience
- Prior management experience (preferred)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills to review data and ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles/internal controls and how to apply them.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and Financial Statement Reporting.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently while meeting deadlines through proper time-management.
- Interpersonal communication skills to collaborate on assignments as needed.
- ESOP company (strong benefits)
- Highly visible role
- Remote flexibility after training
- Family feel of a small company; benefits and growth of a large corporation
- Room for growth/advancement - multiple companies under their umbrella (can move to different departments or different companies)
- Laptop provided - if some work needs to be done from home
- Monthly bonus based on company performance
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org