The Controller serves as the accounting/finance business partner to the leadership team, in providing financial leadership to all operations in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives. The Controller is a complete hands on position, responsible for overseeing and performing the duties of a full-cycle accountant, to include monthly close, A/P, A/R, accrual entries, payroll, overseeing the internal and external audits, preparing the budgets, and maintaining banking relationships.
Responsibilities of the Controller
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Manage all financial accounting functions including production of periodic and ad-hoc financial reports
- Supervise the accounting department and performs the hands on daily activities
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- High level of integrity in dealing with sensitive information
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and record keeping ability
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Punctual, responsible, ethical and able to work within a team environment and/or independently
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of 5 to 6 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance. Working as a Controller or performing the responsibilities of a Controller is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Experience in the manufacturing / production food industry is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or in a business-related field.
- Experience with QuickBooks and NetSuite a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com