Date Posted: 5/12/2022Apply Now
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT OPENING!
Direct Hire Opportunity: $80,000K - $90,000K
Hybrid Schedule (3 Days In-Office / 2 Days Remote)
The Atlanta Ledgent Finance & Accounting Team is seeking a qualified Senior Accountant. Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Open Position: Senior Accountant
Annual Salary: $80,000K-$90,000K (Depending on Experience)
Location: Atlanta, GA 30339
Work Schedule/Hours: (3 Days In-Office / 2 Days Remote) 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F
Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
The Senior Accountant is responsible for daily and monthly accounting functions, including journal entries, schedules, and account reconciliations. Assist in maintaining the general ledger while ensuring data integrity. Follow proper procedures, the ability to prioritize and multitask, and be a strong communicator. In addition, assist with year-end close process, internal controls, process improvement and documentation.
Primary Responsibilities of The Senior Accountant:
* Maintain primary ownership over the general ledger across all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
* Implement a timely month end close process to ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled with appropriate supporting documentation.
* Maintain accurate departmental income statements.
* Maintain the accuracy of financial statements to be prepared in accordance with GAAP.
* Implement and maintain an accurate fixed asset management, tracking and reporting process/system.
* Maintain cash reconciliations daily.
* Perform variance analysis over period and against budget.
* Assist in developing internal controls and accounting policies to promote effective governance and accurate financial reporting.
* Assist in developing and maintaining the cost accounting system, documents, and records.
* Assist with the coordination of external audit activities and audit preparation for annual financial statements audit.
* Assist Corporate Controller with technical accounting issues and ensure compliance with GAAP.
Qualifications For The Senior Accountant:
* Minimum of 3 years of General Ledger Accounting experience REQUIRED
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance REQUIRED
* Advanced user in MS Excel REQUIRED
* Large ERP Accounting Experience (Ex. SAP, Great Plains, MS Dynamics, AS400, JD Edwards, etc.)
* Excellent analytical skills
* Sound understanding of U.S. GAAP, balance sheet and income statements, internal controls, and other areas related to financial reporting
* Excellent skills in MS Office Suites, especially Excel
* Ability to accurately prepare required reports and make improvements
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.