The Accounting Specialist assists with the day to day functions of the Corporate Accounting Team with a focus on accounts receivable and accounts payable and responsibility for cash applications and supplier invoices.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes cash postings.
- Processes remote deposit of live checks.
- Collaborates with internal teams to resolve unidentified cash receipts.
- Works with customers and internal departments to resolve unapplied cash receipts.
- Creates invoices, debit memos and credit memos, including but not limited to bad debt write offs and account adjustments.
- Processes supplier invoices using Oracle Cloud, ensuring accuracy and legitimacy of invoice information, correct coding, supporting documentation and financial authorization.
- Meets Accounting Department standards for invoice processing and timeframes associated with payment schedules and close schedules (month end, quarter end, etc.).
- Troubleshoots and researches invoice issues including outstanding credits, open invoices, invoices pending approval, etc.
- Anticipates customer (internal and external) needs and fosters excellent customer service.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices, with particular expertise in accounts receivable and accounts payable processing.
- Ability to research and resolve issues, both from a system and accounting perspective.
- Competency using Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) with ability to interact across all employee levels, including executive management.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes
- Associates degree or above preferred.
- Three or more years of accounts receivable and accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment.
- General ledger experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org