Date Posted: 6/24/2022Apply Now
Ledgent Finance and Accounting has a manufacturing partner located in Inver Grove Heights needing to permanently add to their Accounting team! If you have an accounting or finance degree and are looking to launch your career, this is the team for you!!! This Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
* Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
* Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
* Maintains the general ledger.
* Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
* Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
* Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
* Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
* Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
* Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
* Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
* Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
* Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
* Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
* Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, preferred.
* An internship, or some experience in a data entry or related role
* Bookkeeping experience a plus!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Staff Accountant *Direct Hire* position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.