Perm Construction Accountant Role
Hybrid role, Waltham, Ma
T-Thurs on site, Remote Mondays and Fridays
Pay up to $85K
Our client in Waltham, Ma a multi-family real estate development and construction company that deals with affordable housing is looking for a construction accountant to join their team. This is a new role, and you would report directly to the Controller. The construction accountant will work with the entire construction team with regards to all fiscal aspects of its building operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Employ professional communication tools for effective collaboration with Construction Department team members.
- Prepare monthly AIA payment requisitions with supporting documentation for presentation to Owners.
- Process subcontractor/vendor billings.
- Complete accounting journal entries associated with all construction activity.
- Assist with development and management of individual job budgets.
- Prepare regular reports and forecasts, including P/L, Cashflow, AR, AP, check-runs, individual job budgets, etc.
- Assist with 3rd party audits.
- Collaborate with construction team to ensure enforcement of company's policies with respect to collection of: insurance certificates, release of liens, and similar requisite paperwork.
- Assume additional responsibilities and complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum five (5) years of construction accounting experience, three (3) of which have successfully been in a similar role with $100MM+/year general contractor(s).
- Experience in multifamily construction is preferred.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and experience of the commercial construction industry, construction contracts, purchase orders.
- Demonstrate familiarity and knowledge of AIA payment requisitions, change orders, lien waivers and similar aspects of construction related invoicing.
- Demonstrate familiarity with construction related legislation, including prompt pay laws.
- Demonstrate familiarity with real estate related legislation, including lien rights and practices.
- Demonstrate familiarity with tax obligations associated with construction contracting.
- Demonstrate familiarity and knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Flexibility with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org