Date Posted: 11/22/2021Apply Now
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Responsible for the financial and accounting processes for a Saint Paul area Non Profit organization.
* Compiles financial data necessary for the timely processing of the monthly and year-end closing of the applicable general ledgers including the preparation and input of monthly standard and special journal entries and maintenance of supporting documentation.
* Performs account analysis, reconciliations and prepares detailed documentation necessary for the maintenance of the general ledger accounts, including both balance sheet and profit and loss statement accounts. Reviews, verifies and analyzes any deviations and trends against budget, prior months, and prior year's activity.
* Reconciles various bank accounts provide information to Treasury regularly, review and verify
detailed internal and external wire requests.
* Completes special projects and any other job-related duties required to support the department objectives.
* Interacts with operations and other finance teams, and will be exposed to confidential operating results, financial information, operating procedures, budgets, forecasts and management decisions.
* Assists in data compilation and preparation of exhibits and schedules for provision to external auditors at each quarter or as requested.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
* Big-4 and/or Public Accounting Experience (Preferred)
* 4-6 years' accounting/finance experience
* Excellent understanding of accounting theory (Required)
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Required)
* Experience with mainframe or cloud-based systems (Required)
MINIMUM JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Expert mastery of written and verbal communication, and ability to communicate effectively with others.
* Expert ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals.
* Ability to analyze data and present recommendations based on outcomes of analysis.
* Ability to collaborate with counterparts in researching and resolving accounting discrepancies
* Ability to think critically and analytically and apply learned concepts from one area to another
* Expert project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
* Ability to function as a team member and get along with others
* Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude conditions/need, which includes expanding this job's responsibilities and assigning additional duties consistent with the position's purpose.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.