My Client in Hartford is currently looking to hire a full time Staff Accountant to assist with financial accounting and reporting both internally and directly to headquarters overseas. The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with 3+ years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP strongly preferred.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations within ERP system.
- Assist in the A/P and A/R functions.
- Assist in the documentation of accounting policies and procedures, including the ability to recommend and implement process improvements.
- Function as back-up to Accounting Manager when completing month-end and closing procedures.
- Preparation of all required journal entries
- Record, maintain and reconcile fixed assets and related depreciation accounts.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual planning including budgets and forecasts.
- Work together with accounting overseas to ensure accuracy of mapping from local ERP to SAP.
- Assist with and create various reports for internal and external users.
- Assist in reconciling all intercompany balances. Create quarterly reports and work with all sister companies and affiliates to confirm balances. Continually work to keep all intercompany A/R and A/P current and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepare upload files for data conversion into parent company SAP reporting package
- Assist in the annual audit and tax compliance process by providing supporting documentation.
- In conjunction with the month-end close process, prepare and analyze general ledger account and balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring that revenue and expenses are recorded appropriately.
- Will participate in other special projects as required.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis for local and site management team to help understand both income statement and balance sheet.
- Bachelor's in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent work experience of 3+ years.
- Working knowledge and experience using reporting tools like SAP
- Experience within manufacturing or aerospace industries required
- In depth knowledge of ERP system and data analysis tools.
- Ability to focus attention on relevant tasks and prioritize work.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org